apple and chicken tart
prep time: 35 min.
cook time: 25 min.
8 srvs, 1 piece ea
1 pkg. (16 oz.) refrigerated whole wheat pizza dough
1 tablespoon butter
1 large sweet onion, very thinly sliced
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
1 large red delicious apple, unpeeled and thinly sliced
1 cup cooked rotisserie chicken meat, without skin
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 tablespoons sliced green onion
1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat colby-jack cheese
- allow dough to reach close to room temperature and rise slightly.
- preheat oven to 450°f.
- stretch or roll dough out to fit a 12-inch circular pizza pan or a 13 x 9-inch rectangle cookie sheet, using flour to prevent sticking.
- place dough onto a lightly greased pan of choice.
- bake for 10 minutes or until dough is crisp, slightly browned and firm.
- while dough is baking, in 12-inch skillet, melt butter over medium heat.
- add sweet onions and thyme; cook about 15 minutes.
- during the last 5 minutes, add apple, stirring occasionally, until soft and golden
- layer onions, apples and cooked chicken over crust and season with salt and pepper.
- top with cheeses and green onion and return to the oven for 5 minutes until cheese is melted.
- cut into 8 pieces and serve.
Nutrition (Per Serving)