prep time: 20 min.
cook time: 10 min.
4 srvs, 7 oz. ea
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 small onion, cut into thin wedges
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 links (6 oz.) chicken sausage, sliced
3/4 cup beer (such as lager)
2 medium tomatoes, seeded and diced
1 tablespoon fresh oregano or parsley leaves
1 lb. small clams, scrubbed (about 1 1/2 doz.)
- in a large dutch oven or heavy pot, heat oil over medium heat.
- add onion and garlic; cook and stir 1 minute.
- add sausage; cook and stir 1 minute.
- stir in beer, tomatoes, oregano and clams; cook, covered, 5–8 minutes or until clams open and sausage is cooked through (discard any clams that do not open.).
- transfer clams and cooking liquid to a serving bowl and serve.
Nutrition (Per Serving)