chai pumpkin pie bars
prep time: 25 min.
cook time: 55 min.
24 srvs, 1 bar ea
1 can (12 oz.) evaporated milk
2 tablespoons chai tea leaves
1 pkg. (15 oz.) prepared refrigerated pie crust (2 crusts)
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon cardamom
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 can (15 oz.) pumpkin puree
- heat evaporated milk until almost boiling with chai leaves, remove from heat, cover, and allow tea to steep about 15 minutes.
- strain tea leaves from milk discarding tea leaves.
- place in refrigerator to cool.
- using both crusts, line the bottom and half way up the sides of a 9x13-inch baking pan with pie dough.
- trim excess.
- poke about 10 holes using a fork to allow air to escape when baking.
- refrigerate until ready to bake.
- preheat oven to 400°f.
- par-bake crust for about 10–15 minutes.
- reduce oven temperature to 350°f.
- in a small bowl, whisk together sugar, spices, and salt.
- in a large mixing bowl, whisk together pumpkin, chai tea infused evaporated milk, and eggs.
- mix in sugar mixture until smooth. pour filling into par-baked crust.
- bake for about 40 minutes or until set and a knife comes out clean when inserted.
- cool completely before trying to cut into bars.
- refrigerate or serve at room temperature.
- if desired, garnish each bar with a dollop of whipped topping.
Nutrition (Per Serving)