oriental beef and vegetable bowl
prep time: 12 min.
cook time: 15 min.
4 srvs, 18 oz. ea
1 lb. top sirloin steak
1/2 cup teriyaki stir-fry sauce
1 tablespoon peeled, grated gingerroot
1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
1 medium onion, diced
4 cups cubed assorted vegetables (such as asparagus, red and green bell peppers, cherry tomatoes, mushrooms)
4 cups cooked brown rice
- preheat broiler to high.
- coat a broiler pan rack or baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- place steak on pan rack; set aside.
- for the sauce, in a small bowl combine teriyaki sauce, ginger and oil.
- transfer 3 tablespoons to a large bowl; set aside.
- brush 2 teaspoons of the sauce on top of steak.
- reserve remaining sauce in small bowl.
- broil steak 7–8 minutes per side or until an instant-read thermometer registers 145°f.
- remove steak from broiler; loosely cover.
- let stand 5 minutes.
- meanwhile, line a large baking pan with foil.
- add onion and vegetables to sauce in large bowl; toss to coat.
- place on baking pan.
- broil 5 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- thinly slice steak.
- spoon 1 cup rice into each of 4 serving bowls, top evenly with beef and vegetables, drizzle with reserved sauce, and serve.
Nutrition (Per Serving)