3 tablespoons butter
2 pkgs. (16 oz.) frozen vegetables for stew (a blend of potatoes, carrots, onions and celery)
3 tablespoons flour
2 cups seafood or vegetable broth
2 teaspoons seafood seasoning
1 bay leaf
4 (4-oz.) whitefish or pollock fillets, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
ground black pepper, to taste
grated lemon zest
- in a large dutch oven or heavy bottom pot, melt butter over medium heat.
- add vegetables; sauté 3 minutes or until softened.
- sprinkle with flour; stir.
- stir in broth, seafood seasoning and bay leaf.
- bring to boiling; reduce heat.
- cover and simmer 10 minutes.
- add fish; cook, covered, 10 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- remove bay leaf, and season with pepper to taste.
- ladle into soup bowls, sprinkle with lemon zest, and serve.
suggestion: serve with a side of toasted italian bread